Thursday, February 21, 2008

A favorite Movie and some stitching -

Well, on with 31 Days of Oscar and last night they showed one of my favorite movies - "Stalag 17" 1953. Now I am not a big war movie fan but there are a handful of them that I really enjoy and this tops that list!!!! In fact William Holden who plays Sefton won the Academy award for best actor. The movie that preceded this was "Some Like it Hot" 1959, with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. I think one of the best performances in this movie was from George Raft as Spats. It was a great double feature evening.

I worked on QC - and here is a progress shot -


As you can see I am filling in the space with the crow/sparrow and that curly heart design (which doesn't look to Quakery to me!).

Vonna asked about the platter and bowl - I won them off of eBay - I am totally addicted to that cyber garage sale. I know that if I sift through all the stuff long enough that there are true treasures to be found, and sometimes I can even find a real bargain. Right now I am chasing a beautiful red platter - but it has gotten really expensive - will I succumb to the temptation - Tune in next time when we hear edgar's wallet say "NO - not again - pay a bill you fool!!!!"

Another day has begun - and the big slide to the weekend . :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. I wondered if that that is where you were getting them...you know I lust after your collection, ever since that Thanksgiving picture....
    I'm chasing some Royal Warwick Lochs of Scotland plates...Ho Hum...I'm losing...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Like it Hot is one of my favorites! ("I'm a man." "Nobody's perfect!")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like "Some Like It Hot", although I've seen it only once. Jack Lemmon is one of my favorites, although I got my start with him on "Grumpy Old Men" and have worked my way back to his earlier movies.

    eBay can be really bad on the financials. I've stocked up on WAY too much cross stitch stuff over the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, that one small curly heart design actually just made me realise this might be a piece I would like to stitch! What a joy to find such a fun little thing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Ebay. The only way to control the Ebay habit is to have a fixed maximum price and stick to it. You don't have to bid that price right away. I admit, I watch items and snipe them very late, but I do have a final price and if the item goes over it, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love reading your blog. Great stitching, movies, etc. You may be converting me even more than i already have been with the Quakers. I am stitching Cirque de Triangles right now (along with 10 billion other projects).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edgar, I've been reading your blog for a long time, found it at SBEBB and now I thought I'll finally leave a comment :) Your Quaker stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edgar, I don't know if I've commented on your blog or not, but today you are talking about 2 of my favorite things...transferware and old movies, so I thought I'd say "hi." I agree eBay can be an addictive place! LOL

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...