Tuesday, December 1, 2020

A little Stitchin and a Little Thanks

 Gentle friends,  our Thanksgiving was very quiet with just the family.  Our usually large gathering was greatly reduced as most folks just wanted to hunker down and stay home and safe.  But, that doesn't mean I was going to set a nice table and Rico was sure to make a super centerpiece... here's a snap...

... I made a much-reduced menu... roasted turkey breast, cranberry sauce, turkey gravy ( I was really happy that I found my turkey gravy boat guy), sauteed green beans w/almonds, sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes, herbed sausage stuffing, and poppyseed crescent rolls.  For dessert, we had marionberry and pumpkin pies.  It was a relaxed dinner and a lovely quiet afternoon.  Since the shutdown here in SF I've lost the store that carried the 15" white tapers I like on the table.  I found some no-drip ones online and was able to have 18" tapers... I couldn't have been happier!!  I got some red ones for Christmas!! 
_____________________

I also got a bit stitched on Christmastide... here's a snap...


... as you can see I've added a cornice just at the roofline.  It is charted without one and just didn't look right to me, and architecturally there would have been one...there will only be a little adjusting to a snowflake or two but well worth the effort.
_______________

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a spread.. and you say it's reduced!! Lovely table setting.. love the plates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a treat to see table settings and Rico's arrangements. THey are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table was so pretty. Rico does magic with flowers. The food sounded wonderful! I love the bricks on your stitching piece. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table setting. So glad you got to enjoy a small Thanksgiving. Your menu was qute similar to my own. Your stitching is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautifully appointed table!!! And your menu sounds wonderful (although I have never heard of a marionberry pie). Smaller and simpler can be better in many ways. We had no Thanksgiving here. Long story, but I have given up. You are making great progress on Christmastide...and love the cornice detail. Hope your week is off ot a good start. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Beautiful. The silverware, the plates and that turkey boat. The menu sounded wonderful. Glad it was a nice time for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a reduced meal it sounds amazing and the table looks so elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table! The house is looking fabulous, Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I echo everyone else what a beautiful table. All that gleaming silver. I agree the cornice added to house if perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The simpler Thanksgiving allows the place settings and Rico's stunning
    arrangement to stand out. The menu sounds to die for...marionberry pie?
    Elucidate please. Christmastide is coming along handsomely....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a bad habit of singeing my hair near flames so your lovely tall candles would be a lot shorter on my table. Your setting is wonderful, chandelier stunning, sounds like a very nice Thanksgiving.

    That house brick is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful table! Christmastide is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table setting and gorgeous candles - when I add candles to our table arrangement leaving a tiny side lamp switched on my DH switches on all the electric lights :-(

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...