Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Little SF Shopping and it's Candy Corn Day!!!

Gentle Friends you know what a sucker I can be for advertising - and - when it involves a film and something Delicious, then I need to try it out!!  Well, a week or so ago I read on the Internet somewhere that Ben and Jerry's - the folks that make that delicious ice cream, where releasing a limited time only flavour inspired by Ron Burgundy of "Anchorman" fame.  It is tied to the new film "Anchorman 2 : the Legend Continues" to be released on December 20th.  The new flavour is called "Scotchy Scotch Scotch" - it is a butterscotch ice cream laced with ribbons of butterscotch swirl and has little pieces of butterscotch candy.  It is only available at scoop shops - I knew the scoop shop in the Haight would have it so I made a be-line to get me some........

... located at the corner of Haight and Ashbury it is easy to find, but often difficult to find parking.....

... the label in the shop.....

..... the menu board....  I picked up a pint of hand packed Sctochy Scotch Scotch and got......

.... Rico a cup of Chocolate Therapy.... deep flavoured, rich and delicious!!

... by the time we got home the CT was gone and the SSS had softened up for a taste - and let me tell you, if you like butterscotch then this is the ice cream for you!!  I loved it, creamy and sweet with the burned sugar flavour that is so delicious!!!  I am sure this limited flavour won't be around long, so if you get the chance get yourself some, get some,you won't be disappointed!!!!
______________

Over the weekend I made a visit to a favorite tea retailer, Lupicia, located downtown in the big fancy Westfield Shopping Centre....

 - I forgot my camera and found this snap on line of the store

I was looking for some of their seasonal tea - specifically the new Christmas teas - I know it's not even Hallowe'en yet, but I love the Christmas teas they make!!!  Well,  they were still pushing the Fall seasonal tea, called, Sweet Autumn, from the web site it is described as ...."This fall-themed, caffeine-free rooibos blend embodies the sweet bounty of the season. Nestled within the chestnut flavored rooibos tea are pieces of Japanese sweet potato and pumpkin" -  I don't care for rooibos teas and being decaffinated didn't help any, this was not a winner in my book. 

 I explained what I was looking for and was told that the Christmas teas would be in the second week of November, and I left my name and email to be notified when they came in - the little lady working there was really nice - as they always are and so helpful - she gave me some samples and I even found an Masala additive to make black tea more spicy!!

.... here are all the samples I got and the Masala of cardamon and pepper..... I am really excited that they are once again going to have "White Christmas" tea.  I am running really low on my supply.......

...."White Christmas"  is a delicious black tea flavoured with white chocolate and apricot, the silver bits are crystallized sugars covered in edible silver,  that when they melt, leave little flecks of silver floating in the tea, no additional flavour, but so very pretty!!!  They are also bringing back another favorite Holiday tea, "Jingle Bells" - a tea I ran out of a long time ago,  I can't wait to see and taste what comes out this year!!!!
__________

I couldn't let today go by without mentioning that it is National "Candy Corn" Day!!!!  Not officially anywhere, but on this Hallowe'en Eve, lets celebrate the Corn!!!!!

____________

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks again for stopping by , do stop again!!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. What a yummy post ...never saw tea like that...how elegant to have silver floating in the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am green with envy - I would love to try all three of those teas! They sound faaaabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww yummy post :)
    Love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love ben and jerrys! Just glad we don't have actual stores over here - I would never leave! The Christmas teas sound yummy, if only I liked tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Ben and Jerry's! No stores around here so when we are around one, we go. Those teas look delicious too! Surprising that they weren't pushing the Christmas teas yet. I guess for them the fall teas are sellers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's not a whole lot that can sound better to me than ice cream, but you've done it with telling about those teas! Now if they'd only open a store somewhere me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't looked at your blog for a while and must say, everything is wonderful, yummy and excellent.
    Happy Halloween from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous update. Love me some Ben & Jerry's and that new flavor is right up my ally.
    Thanks for the info on the tea company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would LOVE to have some of that butterscotch ice cream! Yum! Also that tea! When John & I were at that mall, we found David's Tea & Teavana, but didn't see this place at all! I'm hoping they're online so I can try some of their Christmas teas : )

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...