Thursday, October 11, 2007

Working on VOHRH

Last night I finished the forge part of the Black Smith shop. For some reason it seemed frustrating in all the colour shifts in silk for very little return. Here is a snap of the bricks and fire.


I usually don't care about the shifting threads but maybe I was in a mood or something. Seeing a picture of it now it looks kind of interesting and I see the slight variations are nice..... I guess when I'm all hunched over the piece I have just lost some perspective...... there ya go. :)

I was told in no uncertain terms yesterday that my new shoes (thank you for the support by the way) were just WAY to gangsta' to wear. Well, that went over like a lead balloon! Just wait till I get to the mall this weekend and get the new shoes laces!!!! Take that!!!
Picture to follow on Monday.

I have already jazzed up two other pairs of black & white chucks with interesting laces.... one pair has white skulls on black and the other has white skulls and white Hello Kitty's on black. How is that for gangsta'?
CHa - CHing!! Just a little off balance and living on the edge... :)



Thanks for stopping by, I do appreciate everyone!!!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. The forge may have been frustrating to stitch, but it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on your blog! Great new shoes, could you be the first gangsta stitcher out there ;) ?!
    VOHRH looks great. I received your RR today from Donna and i cant wait to start working on it - it is so beautiful. Your stitching is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now I just gotta see those shoes!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...