Friday, October 5, 2007

Birthday stashing and stitching

First off let me say THANK YOU to everyone out there and the very kind birthday wishes!!!!! You are all so nice!!!!
Well, yesterday after work we set off to Alameda and a much needed visit Needle in a Haystack, but first is was to Urban Forest and to pick up the sampler I had framed for my mother for Christmas. I also had to drop off two other Christmas presents. Here is a snap ( sorry about the flash I just couldn't get a picture and not use the flash I tried it with and without, so please forgive the hot spot)

I really like the saying and it will fit with my moms primitive/country decor that she loves.
The visit to NIH was lots of fun and as always they were very helpful and I am lucky to be able to have this shop as my LNS. I also burned right through the gift card (surprise, surprise :) )

Here is a snap of the haul



Starting in the lower left there is a wonderful pair of blue steel, silver handled Dove shears (I have drooled over them just about every time I came in the store!!!!), moving clockwise the charts are: The Riddle - The Drawn Thread, In the Pumpkin Patch - Blue Ribbon Designs, and two Little House Needleworks charts - Acorn Hill and Prairie Sampler. I had my list of charts I am looking for so I knew exactly what I wanted. I also got two skeins of floss a pack of the gold John James needles I like and a Hardwicke Manor Hoop.

I also got some stash in the mail yesterday. Here is a snap.

The chart I won on eBay and the overdyed floss is from Vicki Clayton. I had ordered some of her floss a while back and used it in the secret Christmas stitching and REALLY liked the feel and look of it so I ordered some more. The floss is the premium kind and covers really well, the colours here are Garnet, BaneBerry, Petty Fog, Country Road, Mountain Shadow and Grasses. The colours in real life are much nicer than in a photo.

I also got some stitching in and worked on BP again as it was on top and I wanted to finish the medallion I had started on the night before. Here is a snap as it stands now.


This sucker is still an really enjoyable stitch. It is funny how some things never loose their appeal no matter how long you work away.....then there are some pieces you wish would just disappear as they become almost a drudgery to stitch.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with some friends so that should be a lot of fun.

Have a great weekend and thanks for your kind wishes and stopping by!!!!!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Your stitching looks great. My test went good, thank goodness it's over! I'm gonna tell all on the blog! haha.
    See you later!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday!! What wonderful stashing! BP is coming along really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Vikki's silk wonderful? You picked up some really great stash, and I'm so jealous you live so close to Needle in a Haystack. BP is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Edgar! nice birthday stash! love those scissors. And BP is looking great! I really enjoyed reading your blog .. found it on Donna's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh great stash haul Edgar! The framed piece for your mum looks great, what a lovely gift for her to treasure. BP looks fab too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you got some great goodies! Love the present for your mom! It would fit into my decor too -- LOL! I may have to try some VC thread! Loving BP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday Edgar! Off in my own world and missed the whole thing! Wow, great stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday!
    Great stash you got! The frame-up for your finish is georgous!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Will visit you again!
    Have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...