Monday, October 17, 2022

A Little Stitchin' and a Little Stash

Gentle Friends, although I worked some on  AGW I was down for the count over the weekend and did next to no stitching for two days.  I felt like crap and did 3 separate covid tests thinking I had finally been struck down, they all were negative and I started feeling better this morning so I'll just post where I left off...

.. still working on the house, and making a little progress.
______________________

I'm still on the fence about the next piece to stitch and while I was pulling things together from the old stash pile a while back I noticed how limited I was with the linen I have.  Or I should say the lck of choice from the 40ct pieces.  So I decided to do something about that.  I usually check out a few of the online Stitchy stores and saw that Drema at Needlecraft Corner in Baltimore was having linen of the month subscription so I called joined up and now my first piece has arrived...  

wrapped up all cute and festive in Hallowe'en garb...

"Sand Dunes" - Seraphim Hand Dyed Fabric by Laurie. Included in the package were a floss threader, two beading needles, and a short needle (like I like them) in a little tube!! Fun Stuff! It's really lovely linen and I can't wait to see what comes next month. 

I had ordered back in February some other linen that I had heard and read great things about on social media and wanted to see for myself.  It took quite a while to come but eventually came a few weeks ago...

... from Needle and Flax, these lovely pieces arrived.  I know the supply chain was wack so it took a long time, but well worth the wait.  The three colors I chose are, on the bottom "Dolly Madison", on the top left "Eastwick" and on the right "Brea."  The photos do not do them justice so you'll just have to take my word for it...
______________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Sfae1

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar



4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you do not have Covid! Take good care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon. Your stitching is beautiful. And I love the linens you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: The house is so large; I like all the windows.
    Beautiful fabric choices, the needle case is nice you can see through it.
    I will be waiting to see which design you use the new fabric for.
    Chilly days are here in Annandale, Mn.
    Have a lovely day
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling well, but I am glad you don't have Covid. Your newest linens are very pretty. That is a lot of fill-in stitching for that house. It is big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After "building" a house that large, it is no wonder you needed a pause.Thank the Lord no COVID and hope you will be back to stitching in no time. Please take care and pace yourself until fully recovered. The new linen - lovely - should get you on your way .




    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...