Friday, October 21, 2022

Flashback Friday

Gentle Friends, I do love the series of Hawk Run Hollow and have stitched a few of them... let's start off with probably my favorite one...

 "Shores of Hawk Run Hollow" - by Carriage House Samplings
8/14/10 - 4/29/12
36ct Vintage Autumn Gold, Called for NPI Silk

I remember this was a piece I stitched off and on for a year and a half, although I loved the stitch often these HRH pieces I'll hit a square that will just burn me out.  When that happens I pop it in the old WIP basket until later.  I made one major change to the "In Memory" square and recharted to stitch in an 18th-century ancestor who was an actual sailor.
__________________

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

8 comments:

  1. The HRH projects are among my favorites. I've always wanted to stich them, but just haven't done it. Thanks for sharing yours, they're such beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have seen this piece of yours before. It is different from what you have been working on lately. How nice that you honored a late ancestor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Edgar: This truly is a beauty, the sailing ship is fantastic.
    Thank-you for haring your beautiful finishes with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this one, I did rearrange the blocks and hanged the dedication to an actual ship Capt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember you working on this one, Edgar! Lovely to see it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two of them that I want to do…the Halloween one and the the Autumn one. Some day… I have started the two black cats from Teresa Kogurt booklet. I love Teresa’s new booklet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have two of Kathy’s patterns. I have the Halloween one and Autumn Run. Someday I will stitch them. I love both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOPS just read should say changed the dedication!!!!

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...