Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My First exchange has arrived!!!!!!

Yesterday I received my first ever exchange from the SBEBB and it was Cheryl who was stitching for me!!! Cheryl and I have gotten to know each other over the past year through the Heartfelt Friends RR, so I was very surprised to find that she had stitched me a perfectly gorgeous pinkeep. Here is a snap of the beautiful piece!



She has combined a couple of designs to make one lovely thing. This was not all that she sent I also got a wonderful Cross Stitch pocket calender, magazine, length of Black Watch ribbon and some beautiful steel coloured beads and the greatest fuzzy blue bag, I was truly gifted!!!! Thank you so much Cheryl!!!! One day I am sure I will return the generosity! Here is a snap of the whole package.


I am certainly enjoying the exchange BB!!!

Last night I once again worked on QC. Again avoiding the white........ here is a progress snap.


See that heart to the right of that chicken and under that deer/moose (Meer) ...I had to pull that sucker out twice, count'em twice..... because this is a page break and I can't count!!!! I usually take my working copies and tape them together so that the count is continuous and I am not flipping paper all over the place...... I didn't with QC...I think I am going back and taping this puppy up. Now that chicken in the lace I had not one problem with, go figure!
( I know that is probably a crow or raven, but I calls'em chickens) :)

I also got some more stash, is there no end to the buying, I ask you!!! I saw on Anna's blog the completed Hillside Samplings - "Animal Samplings" it is really a pretty finish and quite the inspiration...... and then I had an idea....blink blink blink (light bulb going off) and remembered that HS did a number of "Sampling" charts and wouldn't they look nice done up as one piece three rows of four. So I bought "Animal, " "House" and "Fruit" Samplings and will work them together into one large piece. How cool will that be. When will I find the time?
I forgot to take a picture of the charts. I pop one up tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, and just one more THANK YOU goes out to Cheryl!!!!!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Edgar! Receiving is fun, isn't it? I can't wait to start A Christmas Quaker on Christmas Eve - so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great exchange for your first time, Edgar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. (fingers tapping together a la Monty Burns)
    You don't know how it warms the cockles of my heart to be an enabler...

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't Cheryl wonderful :) what a great pinkeep! and other goodies! you are spoiled :)

    CQ is coming along nicely .. love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now your *hooked* Edgar on exchanging...have you looked at my sidebar? Have your counted the number of exchanges I participated in? I joined the BB's, this time last year.......uhmmm....I'm a little hooked myself! LOL!
    Cheryl's exchange to you is super! I love it!!!
    Your just moving right along on QC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great exchange you got and sounds like you are having a blast on the BB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so glad it arrived safely and that you like it Edgar!! I enjoyed stitching for you! Can you post pics on the exchange pics bit of the SBEBB or do you want me to do it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great exchange! Love your pinkeep, Cheryl did a wonderful job!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice gift! I understand you're a big LHN fan. I love them too and we're almost neighbors! I'm in Sunnyvale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheryl stitched up a beautiful exchange for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great idea! I can't wait to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...