Friday, April 24, 2020

A Little Peace

Gentle Friends, a song originally written in protest and just beautiful... 
one of my very favorite pieces...

Finlandia - Jean Sibelius - Sung by Cantus

Here are the lyrics...

This is my song, O God of all the nations
A song of peace, for lands afar and mine
This is my home, the country where my heart is
Here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine
But other hearts in other lands are beating
With hopes and dreams as true and high as mine

My country's skies are bluer than the ocean
And sunlight beams on cloverleaf and pine
But other lands have sunlight too, and clover
And skies are everywhere as blue as mine
Oh hear my song, thou God of all the nations
A song of peace for their and for mine
_______________

Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good words! Good Deeds!
edgar

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Edgar: I am so touched by this beautiful display of voice and song, it did bring tears to my eyes, oh how I miss hearing the choir at church I hope we can get back to Mass soon I miss Communion.
    Stay healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that beautiful music. Finlandia has always been a favorite song of mine. It is perfect for all that is happening to the world right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely and truly beautiful ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...