Saturday, September 2, 2023

A Little Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, here is an overall shot with the 8th Part all stitched up... the only change I made to this square was on the front door.  It is charted for an initial, which I didn't like so I put in a little window to match the fenestration of the house...


I took off yesterday for a long weekend and got in some good stitchin' time... now on to the 9th Part "The Last Ripe Berries"... another big bird dominates the square...  looking very much like a pigeon... or as I like to call them our "City Chickens."
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Godo Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Oh Edgar, well done on finishing up block 8. Can't wait to see your City Chicken! Have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: This is a very large project but so beautiful, I would have done something else besides an initial, I think the window is a perfect idea, I do not put initials on many of my projects.
    I giggled when you said city chickens so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been watching this and searching for the charts. This is one of my favorite Blackbird designs. Not sure how I missed it when it came out. Yours is looking so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your projects. They all are wonderful. This one has beautiful designs and colors. Thanks for sharing your skills. Can hardly wait until the holidays to see how you are celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful piece. You are so very close to the finishing line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that will happen in the next day or so... then it's on to Hallowe'en!

      Delete
  6. All those beautiful birds - city chickens and all - in one place. Absolutely enchanting. Enjoy what little is left of the holiday. Stitch on. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....