Friday, September 8, 2023

A Little Summer Finish

 Gentle Friends, what won't a day off and some late evenings accomplish... I finished up "For the Birds" and here's a snaperoo...


Loose Feathers "For the Birds" - a 9 Part Series by Blackbirds Designs
40ct "Biscuit" from Seraphim Hand Dyed Fabrics by Laurie
Using the Called for WDW Floss
5/25 - 9/7/2023

I really enjoyed this stitch, and will look forward to next Spring and another multi-part BBD stitch... always looking towards the future and the next project!!  I have my Hallowe'en piece all ready to go, then the Christmas Sampler... since both of them are smaller pieces I think they'll stitch up quite quickly so I've even pulled a third stitch, another sampler I've had lurking about for quite a few years...  It's only charted for DMC which I'll switch out for over-dyed floss and then figure out what linen to use.  But all that is in the future...  now it's a fun little Hallowe'en sampler to get a move on.....
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by and for following along on this piece.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish, Edgar! Love the blues in this one! It would be hard to pick a favorite block, but today I am leaning towards block 2. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Edgar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a stunning piece, Edgar! Nice work - what a treasure. Looking forward to seeing what you’ve chosen for your Halloween stitch. Thanks as always for the inspiration - your eye for color is always spot on! ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Edgar. Your work is amazing.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of stitching and a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of your most remarkable finishes ever in my book. I do hope you frame this beauty and display it. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! It's already rolled up and in the "box o'finishes" maybe framing some day.

      Delete
  7. For the Birds is beautiful, Edgar!! It's been fun following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely finish Edgar!! Gorgeous piece and gorgeous stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it turned out beautiful. Are you parting with your charts? This is one of my favorite stitches and I missed it when it came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan... re the charts send me an email... edgarmatt at g mail dot com

      Delete
  10. Wow.. this is a beauty Edgar! Lovely stitching

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....