Monday, September 11, 2023

A Little Hallowe'en Start

 Gentle Friends, I got the old needle going on my Hallowe'en Sampler over the weekend and as usual, began with the border, It's a bit quirky, but here's a snaperooo...

"Jenny Bean's Halloween Sampler" - Shakespeare's Peddler, 2009
40ct "Eastwick" Needle & Flax

I am stitching this using the called for GAST, except I had to switch out  "Woodpile" ( a color even the GAST folks had never heard before, I called there and asked) for "Pecan Pie."  Originally, when this chart was released 14 years ago there was a limited edition bespoke thread pack you could get, I failed to get said pack at the time but I'm good with the regular GAST floss and had them all in my stash, Woo-hoo!  Since the next two stitches are smaller pieces I went ahead and got a jump on the conversion from DMC to overdyed floss for the bigger sampler that lurks after the Hallowe'en and Christmas pieces are finished.
______________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

8 comments:

  1. You are off to a super start on this one, Edgar! Your linen choice is lovely for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem recently for a called for cross-stitch fabric. It could not be found anywhere and no one had heard of it. I just looked at the photo and took a guess. I love that border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathie, sometimes I've just guessed and jumped where I wanted.... :)

      Delete
  3. Judging by the conversion to DMC 839, I think perhaps the GAST needed was Wood Smoke or Wood Trail. Looking forward to seeing the sampler grow, it's on my to do list, but a long way down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about either of the "wood" colors, but mine skeins were very dark and less brown than I wanted... I almost switched "Pecan" out for CC "Timber", but wanted to stay within the GAST family.

      Delete
  4. Love it! I've been on the hunt for Eastwick for a bit for a different project. I had ordered it from a place in Canada a while back thinking, from the site, they had it in stock, but they did not. They said they'd ordered it but it could be months and months. You must have an amazing stash of linen. LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey , Robin... email me about the linen... edgarmatt at g mail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....