Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Short Post

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thank you so much for the kind comments on the last post.  The coffee cake is super easy to make.  I  got that recipe posted up on Blacksheep Bakes - click HERE to go there.  Not much going on here - the weather shifted and it is coolness all over here in the city this morning.  You could feel the winds shifting yesterday afternoon.  We were sweating bullets and so decided a dip in the cement pound would be just the ticket..... so we trotted on down for a little while.  Even with the sun blazing down and the sky blue as a pale aquamarine - the air was dry and the wind was cool and delicious blowing off of Twin Peaks. 

On the stitching front I worked some on the Mystery Sampler - and I got the second part in the mail.  I had to frog some of it as the count is not the same all the way round with the border flowers.  It changes up here and there - I just need to be a bit more careful.... "count twice stitch once."

There you - a shorty post today.  Thanks for stopping by, do come again!!

take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. You got already the 2nd part!!! Lucky you. I'm still stalking the postman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your frogging- don't you just hate it!? I may have to try your recipe w/blueberries, got some fresh NC blueberries from my boss yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edgar! Yes, I know about the frogging on the Mystery Sampler SAL--been there already! Boy, was it driving me crazy! Haven't stitched on it in a couple of weeks now, but hope to get back on it soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you had a case of the frogs. I've been having the same problem lately!! Can't wait to see your progress on part two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the frogs. I thought they may have all migrated to my side of the world, but obviously not. I hope that they don't pay you another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Edgar don't you ever make working copies to draw all over... I hear it helps with frog invastions... {LOL} Seriously I"m having fun with this Mystery Sampler. I've been a slacker and haven't worked on it in a week and part 2 came in the mail yesterday. I only have half of part 1 done so I guess I'd better get cracking. waves to my fellow stitchers from the NiaH yahoo group stitch-along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Them darn frogs....don't ya hate them....hoping the rest of your piece is frog free xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the link to your recipe. I have a freezer full of raspberries so I think I might try giving it a go with them.
    As for the frogs, well if there's one thing I've learned since starting stitching it's that I don't know how to count, lol!

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...