Monday, June 13, 2011

It's Monday Morning and I'm Back!!

Gentle Readers and Dear Sweet friends!!! How I missed you all!!  I so enjoy this daily Blogging and getting little bits of myself into print - that I really didn't think I would have such bad withdrawals.  Like some sort of cyber crack - I thought about different posts I could have written while away.  Daily little journals of things happening I wanted to share, but without a computer - no posting   :(

Heading East on SR 40 outside of Ocala - 
 It's crooked because I was holding the camera above my head while driving my mom's convertible - 

I did get in a couple of side trips - visited only a single "Stitichery" Store - and ate way too many bad things that I can't get here in San Francisco.  Visited lots with my Mom - fixed a couple of problems she was having - and I will now be much more involved with her life.  With here reaching the mile stone of 85 and still getting around pretty good she is just amazing - BUT - stubborn as a "Georgia Mule" as my grandfather would have so eloquently put it!!

Today's post will have to be super short - I have a ton of snaps to go through - and piles of crapity work to get through today!!  

Let's just say - it was sweltering the entire time - I was damp from dawn to dusk and then some, but it was bright and sunny every single day - we have one rainy day and quite a bit of smoke from all the fires - but over all - lovely sunny weather..... if that's what you like.

I am playing catch up with my emails also - please take no offence if I haven't written back, I will get them all answered int he next few days!!
Thanks again for all your kind words and thoughts!!  Check back over the next few days to read and see some snaps from my trip.

Take care,
edgar


32 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Mom has a convertible; wow!~

    Looking forward to tales and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Hope you were able to hit some estate sales and took pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are safely back home...really missed your daily posts! God bless your mom, driving a convertible, no less, at 85!!!
    Busy Hands...Happy Heart
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home safe and sound! Next time you're in Florida, I would love to meet you. You're one of my Stitchy Inspirations.


    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back Edgar. I may not always comment but I really do enjoy reading your daily postings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Boy I was missing my daily dose of Blacksheep Blog!!! So glad you are back and can't wait for the pictures. Hopefully you did some stitching. Sideway picture or not.....so good to see your posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeel of joy... Blacksheep's BACK!!! Mom's got a convertible!?!? WOW Lucky you to get to drive that. :-) Can you tell we've missed you Edgar just as much as you've miss us.. {LOL}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! I missed my daily dose of Black Sheep.
    Did you visit Silver Springs? My mom was just a bit south of you in Ocala!
    But she doesn't drive a convertible LOL!
    I can't wait for your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! Glad you had a good time and look forward to all your stories and pics:)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suffered withdrawal as well and missed your posts rather badly ... glad to have you back ... Blacksheep's Bit of the Web is one of the true highlights of my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did miss you oh so much I am glad you had a great time, God Bless Your Mother a convertable can make a girl feel so yummy.
    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! I love that your mom, at 85, drives a convertible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so good to see you posting again! Welcome home! Glad you had a good time with your mother in FL. Convertible, huh? Hope you got pics of you driving it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see you back. Look forward to hearing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to have you back! I love the fact that your Mom has a convertible. She must be some grat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back - I missed your posts! And your mom is awesome; so glad she's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back!Missed you too!
    AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back! Your mom must be one fiesty 85 year old with a convertible! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back,really missed your daily posts,glad you had a super time and look forward to reading more this week

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back Edgar - you have been missed! I look forward to seeing your vacation snaps on my favourite state! You should have popped in to see Cathy at Golden Needle in Port Charlotte - such a lovely lady with such a lovely store!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you are back and had a good time! Would that we all have convertibles when we are 85! Go Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome back Edgar. I was on that same road 3 weeks ago going to Beverley Hills and Crystal River, Flordia it was 96 to 99 the whole week I was at my brother's but I loved it.
    Have fun catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to be like your mom at 85 and have a convertible! Love it!! Can't wait to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome home, your blogging has been missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome back!! Did you happen to get any snaps of your mom in the convertible?

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad you are back! Your mom is 85 and has a convertible? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So glad you're back! I missed your posts too! I'm glad you had a nice visit with your Mom. 85 and a convertible! I love it! Hugs, Nancy D.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL @ "cyber crack" addiction!

    Glad you had a nice vacation. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Welcome back. I missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's good to have you back Edgar. Missed your posts while you were away!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...