Saturday, May 27, 2023

A Little Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, after I wrapped up "Wild Roses" I started my next stitch which I had already kitted up so it was ready to go... I've gotten along a bit, and here's a snaperoo...

"For the Birds"  a series of Loose Feathers charts - BBD
"It's Spring Fever" - LF#1
40ct  - "Biscuit" - Seraphim Hand-Dyed Fabrics by Laurie
Called for WDW Floss

This linen is from a new for me dyer.  A little backstory... I joined a "linen of the month" club last summer with Drema at Needlecraft Corner.   This means I have been getting big 1/2-yard cuts of lovely dyed linens for the past few months and really wanted to put one to the needle.  I decided this was the project and I'm really happy with the feel and the lay of the fabric.  The weave seems just right not too tight, I hate that, and not so loose as to be floppy, I hate that also, it's just right.  So my little goldilocks world is doing fine and I'm enjoying this great stitch immensely!! "For the Birds" is a series of nine charts that I am stitching as a single piece - so it'll be three across and three down.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  Since we are closed on Monday and I'll be sleeping in for sure... I wanted to get this up a bit earlier than usual.  That's about it for today on this foggy and cool Saturday Morning here by the Bay.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Edgar: The fabric is stunning with the blue threads, I love the Foe the Birds Designs, I am looking forward to seeing them all on one piece of fabric.
    Sleep in and enjoy the weekend.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice change and I always love the palette from BBD!

      Delete
  2. Oh, those beautiful blues!!! I have a couple of the Loose Feather patterns I believe....haven't stitched them yet. But, yikes, 9 in one is going to be a biggun!! And it is going to be AMAZING! Enjoy your down time! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...