Monday, May 22, 2023

A Little Finish

Gentle Friends, "Wild Roses" wrapped up and I've landed on my next project.  I had kitted up three things I really want to stitch and when push came to shove I made a decision.  However, today is all about the completed piece...it's very overcast and foggy here by the Bay so there's not much natural light for the image...

"Wild Roses" - Carriage House Samplings
40ct LL Pearled Barley
NPI Silk
4/16 - 5/19/23

The chart ended at the bottom of the seventh set of roses, as you might remember my linen was way longer.  I kept stitching away and I was able to stitch in two extra rows and so was able to use up the extra length, almost.  I probably could have squeezed in a third row but that would have brought me right to the edge of the fabric and if this ever gets framed the extra bit will be needed to pull the sampler taught.  
_____________________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish, Edgar! I love the colors in this one. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin!! CH palette is always so nice. A clue for my next stitch... it's from Blackbird Designs....

      Delete
  2. Dearest Edgar: It is beautiful, it is a grand idea to add the two extra rows, very creative.
    I am looking forward to seeing what your next lovely design will.

    Catherineđź’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauteous finish! I just love the personalization. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo !! Oh those poor little birds at the bottom holding up that
    weighty lineup, brave souls. Just beautiful, Edgar, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really funny thought... I always saw this as a garden but a pile of rose bushes... HEE HEE!!!

      Delete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...