Saturday, May 9, 2020

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I got a bit of stitching done this past week... here's a snap...


... you can see I've turned the corner and am working along the top edge.  This sampler only has the three sides and is a smaller size than what I usually work on...  you can see some of the changes I've made along the way.  I went back and added a strawberry to the tail end on the vine... and I've added an extra stitch to bring each of the strawberries on the top edge to a point and look like the other berries that are along the sides.
______________________
Now that we're back from our early run to the grocery this morning store I'm settling in for a weekend with a Rogers and Hammerstein and a movie marathon...I'm going to watch these fabulous films in chronological order...

State Fair (1945 film) - Wikipedia
 State Fair - 1945

 oklahoma 1955 movie | Oklahoma movie posters at movie poster ...
Oklahoma - 1955

Carousel (1956) Original Title Lobby Card Movie Poster 11x14 ...
 Carousel - Feburay 1956

Amazon.com: The King and I Poster Movie B 11x17 Deborah Kerr Yul ...
King and I - June 1956

South Pacific – Poster Museum
South Pacific - 1958

Flower Drum Song (1961) movie poster
Flower Drum Song - 1961

The Sound of Music (20th Century Fox, 1965). British Quad (30" X ...
Sound of Music - 1965
_________________________

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!  Stay safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen either Carousel or Flower Drum Song, but I like all the others. I hope you are enjoying your movie day along with some stitching. I really like that border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a speedy hooker Edgar! Looking fabulous.... And that is one long marathon LOL....makes me want to watch South Pacific again...Now I am going to have "Bali Ha'i" going through my head all night LOL. Enjoy! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops....pulled this post up by mistake and saw my error...must have had hooking on my mind....of course I meant speedy "stitcher" LOL

      Delete
  3. Your sampler is looking good, Edgar! Have fun with your movie marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great way to spend the day! That sampler is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet you feel much lighter and years younger after viewing those joyful
    musical feats. When did musicals get dark? Do we reflect our music or
    is it the other way around? The sampler is really eye-catching..
    lovely..

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...