Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Four Phases of Thanksgiving...

Gentle Friends, I thought I would share some of our Thanksgiving and broke it down into 4 snaperoos...

 ... so I set the table this year with "Historic America" china ... my mom's wedding silver, my granny's crystal, some other bits and pieces of silver from various ancestors on the old family tree...the linen is from my great -grandmother...so once again I enjoyed remembering past Thanksgivings and family... Rico created the arrangement...

 ... we were a small group this year and our Thanksgiving consisted of..turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, roasted brussel sprouts, white mashed potato, sweet potato casserole, crescent rolls, along with red and white wines...

 ... the aftermath of the meal and cleaning up...

and then Saturday night we hauled out the leftovers for sandwiches!!
______________

It was a lovely day now it's on to Christmas!!

Take Care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table setting, Edgar. Very special to have family pieces to use and the memories that go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table setting. I really love those candlesticks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the elegance displayed at your Thanksgiving table; the "presence" of many generations and fond memories...I know, and thoroughly appreciate, all the effort that goes into such an endeavor! Ba Humbug to disposable plates and cutlery...I know, I'm a snob!!!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table setting is absolutely beautiful, how wonderful to have such pretty family treasures to share. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a gorgeous table Edgar and I love that is “family” so happy to see those wonderful dishes & linens being used🥰 many blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table setting. My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the next day. I love turkey sandwiches with dressing and cranberry sauce on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table looked just beautiful.Your china, silver and crystal and Rico's beautiful flowers. That's a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always set a very pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love seeing your tables settings. Always beautiful and always full of special treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...