Friday, May 12, 2017

A Little Frida

Gentle Friends, the last few weeks have been slim pickins' on the thrifting front and I've been finding next to nothing out and about in the shops..... I did find this past weekend a great piece...

"Between two Curtains 1937"

It's a purse made from a cigar box and covered in prints of paintings by Frida Kahlo with extra bits of rick rack and small paste jewels...

 "Self-Portrait Dedicated to Dr. Eloesser 1940"

Each side excluding the top and bottom has a different self-portrait or a detail from a portrait...

 "The Two Fridas"

The clasp and handle I think came from a craft shop ...

 "Self Portrait with loose Hair"

... and the interior is lined with a green velvet....

... I love the quote ... " I Never paint dreams or nightmares.  I paint my own reality... Frida Kahlo"

Whoever made this piece spent quite a bit of time putting everything together and I think it is a super box - for a couple of dollars, it was a real bargain!!
_________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful purse!
    Viva la Frida
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. popping by to wish you many happy returns on your blog anniversary edgar! ty for everything you share and all you've done in the name of stitching, friendship and enabling:) have a lovely weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'd love to know the story behind this purse and how it ended up in a thrift store. Nice find....are you taking bids? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! Frida is kind of popular right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is fantastic! I love Frida!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...