Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends thanks so much for stopping by, today's thrifty finds (gotten before the great car collapse on Saturday - see Mondays post) were fun finds for sure - don't you just love alliteration!!  Here's a snap....


... from the top left - is a great sterling basket (c. 1940 ish), it has a great heft to it and the pierced swing handle is in great condition, the transfer ware plate of The Capital Building in DC has some of the more important sites around the Metro area depicted on the rim, the bright cut celery/pickle dish was a really great find, and "Beachhead" - 1954 - is a film from the novel "I've got Mine" by Captain Richard Hubler.  Overall a pretty good day.  
________________

There you go sports fans, thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. Souvenir plates are a funny thing..I remember my mother picking them up in her travels along with the spoons, and though how lame! Now what do ? I do look on ebay for souvenir plates and yes the dreaded spoon too. We all turn into our parents ( note I did not say old people ). Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that souvenir plate! The silver basket is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my mom has that same celery/pickle dish. I love the finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same pickle dish! i use it (and a few other crystal pieces) on my dresser to hold jewelry. I have several pieces wight hat pattern scattered around. Love the silver piece too! Nancy in NY

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...