Thursday, March 14, 2013

Miss Elizabeth and a Flick

Gentle Friends thanks so much for stopping by - I wanted to show my very slow movement on Elizabeth - She is coming along nicely and I am really enjoying the silks.  Here's a snap - 


It's hard to see the differences in the two darker colours, the green and the brown as they are so similar in tone, but the little pops of rose are really nice.  This is the beginning of the lower left corner and once I finish up the lower left motif I'll work back up and get to some of the letters.
______________

Last night the flick` from Netfilx was "Skyfall" - 2012 - the 23rd James Bond film....  


... and here's the "Official Full Music Video" - and really super song that won Adele the Oscar for Best Song!!


I was a fun film, but I totally enjoy the James Bond films... some more than others but as a group they are all pretty good!!   If you like James Bond then you are sure to like this film.
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans - remember only one more day to get you name into the BoD for the St Patrick's Day Drawing.....

Take care,
edgar

19 comments:

  1. As always beautiful...I noticed you do not finish your cross but cross on the way back....so I am guessing you are using DMC not a dyed floss for Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Edgar, I love Quaker patterns and this is a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth is looking so pretty! It's funny, I can safely say I've never watched a Bond movie -- only bits and pieces of maybe one or two. Am I deprived? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Bond villain in Skyfall was just TOO MUCH, wasn't he??!?

    We were just in LA and I got to see some of the costumes up close and in person at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Museum. The dress that Severine wears at the bar was GORGEOUS...they had to sew her into it each time she wore it, with the sheer back and all. Also, that girl had some kind of figure! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth looks very pretty, love quaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching, Edgar. I really like the touch of rose in it, too! Loved the Bond song and the first time I heard it, before I had heard anything about the movie, I thought, "that sounds like a song from a James Bond film". Turns out is was. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Edgar: Again another beautiful pattern, lovely start on Elizabeth.
    Thank-you for sharing the music video, I love Adele's music.
    I love all the James Bond movies.
    Happy St. Patricks Day
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Elizabeth is very beautiful Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth looks very pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although I am not a huge Bond fan I'm sure I have seen them all and I think this was one of the best. Elizabeth is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been praying each day and visualizing myself winning the st. Patty day jar so I can use it for my orts! Lol. I have been putting out into the universe how much I want this jar and have been picturing it on my side table. Great WIP! And I love Adele!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth is lovely. The bits of red do pop. I saw Skyfall and agree, very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Edgar, Elizabeth looks lovely - do love the spots of rose. Skyfall, great movie - but then again I am a James Bond lover. Had a girlfriend who was a model and did the cover for the Goldfinger Album.

    Love your needlework from your Mom and relatives - great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Miss Elizabeth. That brown really pops against the dark gray/black (not sure exactly what the shade is from the picture).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elizabeth is looking gorgeous. I love me a good Bond film too

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's progressing nicely - it's easy to get hooked on silks; right? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Elizabeth" is looking good!!

    I am a big James Bond fan and I loved "Skyfall".

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...