Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Progress on Elizabeth

Gentle Friends I said I was going to show a picture of Elizabeth and show I will.....

 

.... it is very difficult to get a picture of the colour of the silk and the linen - and - not have it look so dark.  As you can see I am working my way back up - and although I usually cross each stitch as i go along - especially when using over-dyed silk - this "Elizabethan Green" Gloriana has such little variation that it is easier to just single stitch and then go back - the Belle Soie "Briar Patch" has a bit more variation so the brown i am crossing each as I go along.  I do love the quirky uneven stitching that she did and am following it along without "fixing" or making things more "even."

That's about ti for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous progress so far Edgar! I love this Quaker sampler!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful so far.
    I will enjoy following your progress on this one!
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking wonderful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, I love the color changes, I am still working on Mary Wigham and a Welcome sampler so those will be Quaker enough for now, but I have looked at this one too. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth is going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are progressing well with the beauty Edgar,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth is looking expecially lovely these days, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that the stitches are not "perfect" and that you don't feel the need to fix it. That takes cross stitch to a whole new level...how great is that! Of course mine is not as deliberate lol! Beautiful work Edgar.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...