Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Wednesday and do I have anything to say.....

Probably not but has that ever stopped me in the past????? Nope!!!!

When I got home I ran around with the hounds getting them their out doors time - and dinner and then fixed up some supper for the two of us - and them jumped in the shower so that I could be ready for the 5 pm start time of GWTW. I even got started on another flick - "The Name of the Rose" - 1986 starring Sean Connery and Christian Slater - such a great film set in the 14th century at an isolated monastery where murder is a foot. Then watched "GWTW" and then "Singing in the Rain" - finishing up the evening with the end of "Rose." A great movie evening!!!!!

Stitching away on an exchange.....

So lets answer some comments - shall we..... I always enjoy them and do thank you - but I don't think you can hear me when I am talking to the computer while I read so I better just write some stuff here -

Deb - I love "All About Eve" probably one of the best movies ever!! Such a great "return" for Miss Davis - and weren't we the lucky ones to have her play Margo - as she wasn't originally cast for the roll - Do you remember who was??????

Alf in Stitches - I never thought about how I stitched and have probably been doing it all wrong for years - but I think I do the "poke and pull" method. I think I stitch so slowly as some of the people out there seem to finish up a ton of stuff so quickly.

Doris - I know - it was seeming like spring had sprung here but over the past few days we have been having really windy weather - they have even closed off one of the bridges over the Bay...and a big 18 wheeler flipped on a bridge last night due to heavy winds. I think this weekend it is supposed to be warmer but I will believe that when I see it!!

Diana - I also love the carol and it is one of my favorites - that is the main reason that when I saw Vonna stitching it up I just knew I had to do it also.

I think that's about all - tonight TCM is showing "Double Indemnity" - 1944 - starring Babara Stanwyck and Fred McMurray. A really superior film and if you haven't seen it you should make the effort - both stars are in top form - nominated for 7 Oscars - it is worth seeing!!! Starts at 5 PST and 8 EST.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the Name of the Rose movie also, but the book was sooo much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have to ask me who was suppose to play Margo Channing wouldn't you? I used to really be big on movies when I was younger - before the kids and "Disney" entered my world. If memory serves itself here - and I lose bits of it daily - it was Claudette Colbert and I think that Susan Hayward was originally thought of to play Eve. But I could be wrong on that one. Anyway, it is one of the greatest movies of all time. I could watch it over and over. I liked George Sanders in it too - had some great lines. Think I need to take a stitch day and watch this again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edgar...

    Enjoyed reading your movie post.

    (What kind of a word is 'curspelp'?
    That's what I'm typing for the 'word verification'! LOL)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...