Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Working on the RR

Here is a quick snap of my square progress from the Heartfelt Friends RR. The picture is a little wonky because I was running around like a crazy person before I took it and thought it was straight.....but......as you can see the both of the houses look like they lean a little to the right, they really don't. :) I have chosen a theme of trees for my RR. LHN charts have lots of tree type ideas that can be adapted by the stitchers in the RR. The chart I am using is called "Peace and Plenty." I have modified the piece in colour and text. I have dropped all the text and the alphabet from the stitching and the houses have gone dark Williamsburgy blue.
In fact I did try doing the house in the cream that was suggested but it was just way too lite for the linen. Then I tried a really nice pale blue and that just did not look right. I then settled on this nice dark blue an am very happy that I did. I have one more house on the right and the border that will finish the square. Then I will start to work on the border that will tie the entire piece together.

Hope all is well and thanks for visiting!!!

edgar

Comments always welcome!!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful start for your RR! And, maybe it is me, but your photo doesn't look at that wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I use Photoshop to straighten out my pictures. :-)
    It's a lovely pattern and fits the square well. I'd rather live in a Williamsburg Blue house than a cream one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Edgar! Can't wait to get your linen, do you have a specific theme or just make sure it has trees in it? I thought about Blue houses and Winter Wonderland mixture for you. What do you think?
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice RR. I love the blue you ended up using for your houses ;)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...