Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend stitching on the RR

Well almost everything I have been working on has fallen to the wayside as I try and get the HFRR to a point that I can send it on and get it to Donna by the 12th. Last week I worked on charting out a few design ideas for the center and was never really happy with anything that I could come with then on Thursday I finally decided to go with this rendition of the center band and I am really pleased with the way it has turned out.

It has the title of the piece and all of our initials with hearts. I still need to figure out how the dates will look on the ends and add a few fill in stitches but essentially this is how it will stand. I am almost finished with my square, finally...as it seems that I have worried over this for a really long time. For the door floss colour I listened to the suggestions posted and was going with a red......and had filled in the doors with a red that I was not sure of and finally was not happy with....... so I pulled it all out and will fill in the doors with a better red tonight, I will post a pic tomorrow. After pulling out all that work I just couldn't' redo it last night. Even while I was stitching away I wasn't happy with the colour choice. You know that something is not right but think to yourself, "maybe I just need to see it finished and it will come together..." that's what I kept saying to myself. Well I was wrong and I should have stopped when I first had the thought that something wasn't working. I really like the square and the colour changes I made from the the original charted colours. Here is a closer look at the colours and the finished border.


All I need to do now is stitch out the big border which is a simple checkerboard with little clusters of acorns in the corners, it is the border from Lakeside Lodge.

On another note.....
I work part time at a bookstore on the weekends and this weekend was the release of the final instalment of the Harry Potter books, called the Deathly Hallows. I got mine and a couple of extras for Don and my niece Lesley (if you see this before we speak......yes, it shipped today and you will have it in a day or so) I will not give anything away, as I have already read a big chunk of it, but it starts off with a bang and does not let up!!!

Hope the weekend was great for everyone!!!

Take care and thanks for stopping by, leave a comment if you get a chance.
(make it nice Don, as The Peach was mighty upset last week) ;)

edgar

6 comments:

  1. Edgar,
    Your rr is looking wonderful! I can't wait to get yours to stitch on!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh i love your RR! I love how you've put everyones initials in the hearts. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your RR looks great. I love the heart band in the middle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking gooood!!! Pretty funny and honest comment about Peaches!!! Love ya....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the book Edgar...finished it last night...won't give anything away, but thought it was the best HP book yet...

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...