Monday, June 12, 2023

A Little Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, on the second Loose Feather of FtB... here's a snaperoo...

... when I began stitching on the second part I just left two spaces between the charts and got that bottom section stitched.  Even as I stitched along I really thought about the final image and the 9 parts together - I wasn't as happy as I could have been thinking about the final piece...  I then got on the old computer and started looking for finishes of this as a single piece and how they might look completed.  There are not too many out there but I did find an example where the stitcher had added a vine and flower chain between each of the three rows vertically... me likey!!  

 I frogged out that urn and flowers and figured out my vine addition.  I dug around in the stash and found a green (WDW Kudzu) and blue (WDW Blue Fescue) that I think works well - both of these floss colors are my addition to the called-for blues and greens.  I like the break between the charts since they really have no other connection other than being a series.  They do look a bit odd bumping up against each other.  

I also noticed when I posted this snap that I am off on the right, going back and looking at the actual piece I'm off two threads down, so that means another round of frogging and a re-stitch as that dip to the right is makin' me crazy at the moment!!

_________________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!

edgar

4 comments:

  1. Like the addition of the garland between the two blocks, Edgar! Sorry about the frog issues. Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin!! It's my own fault for not paying attention... :(

      Delete
  2. You are so very prolific...even with the frogs croaking. And, yes, yes, yes to the dividing garland! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin, I do like the vine break between the charts!!

      Delete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....