Monday, April 24, 2023

A Little Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, I'm making some headway on "Wild Roses"... here's a snaperoo...


... as you can see I've made a change to the "Name" stitched under the alphabet.  Since the date within the piece was 1800 I used that as a starting point.  Then I dug around in the old family tree for someone that would be age appropriate...  I came up with a paternal great-great-great-grandmother. who would have been about 10 years old in 1800.  
_____________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

7 comments:

  1. Oh Edgar, Wild Roses is looking fabulous. Love the colors! What a tribute to Patsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using an actual relative's name in this piece. I have to start doing more research on my ancestors. Once again you are making quick work of a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever and lovely way to adapt a dated sampler in tribute to your own kin. I am enjoying your progress... Hope you are back to
    feeling fit again, Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such rich bold colors. And I love that you hunted through the family tree for an period-appropriate familial name. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful Sampler. Love the colours you've chosen for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Edgar: That is such a beautiful thing to do for a family member, you are so kind and gentle to do so.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...