Monday, April 3, 2023

A Little Start

 Gentle Friends, the start for this stitch I made on linen I realized quickly was just too dark... lovely linen but just too dark, soooo I dug around in the ol' bucket of linen (it's really not a bucket) and found a nice piece of much lighter linen.   I frogged out all I had stitched on the dark piece and put it back with the linens and just restarted...  here's a snaperooo of the start...

"The Song of the Angels" from Needlework Press
40ct LL "Vintage Lentel" 
Using CC "Barn Door" and "Blacksmith Blue"

The picture seems to be darker than in real life but you get the idea.  I like this simple sampler and did right from the first time I saw a picture.  It'll probably stitch up fast so I've also decided on my next stitch... a more traditional sampler.
___________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!

edgar

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful start on this one, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: This is a beautiful design, you have chosen the perfect fabric.
    I look forward to seeing it finished.

    Happy Easter
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love its promise ... and the colors are you using the called for?
    This seems like a very appropriate Easter Week endeavor....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start...and wonderful color combination of floss and linen. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good start..may i ask since you are using 40ct..do you stitch one over 2 or 2 over 2..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mylene, I stitch 1 over 2 and I really like 40ct linen...

      Delete
  6. This is a really great piece. I looked it up and there is a correction on the website in case you didn't know. Something about the spelling of "Bethlehem".

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...