Friday, November 18, 2022

Flashback Friday

 Gentle Friends..... here's a sampler for the Thanksgiving season from about 10 years ago...

"Feast of Friendship" designed by Blackbird Designs - 9/18 - 11/3/13 - 36ct Barn Owl
Using mostly recommended overdyed - changing GAST "Piney Woods" for CC "Baby Spinach and adding CC "Sassy Brass" to the roof tiles.

I remember this as a really fun stitch and it's framed and hung up on the sampler wall so I can see it every day.  It's amazing that almost ten years have gone by since this was stitched... Tempus fugit!!
__________________________

Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

5 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful piece, Edgar! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: This is truly a beauty, the colors are very pretty.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see this beauty today! Thinking of you this week, Edgar, as I had a last-minute fervent request to bring "That Jack (Daniels) Cake You Made That One Time!!!!" (PLEASE!!!) to a Thanksgiving gathering.

    "What!?", I thought. "Chr*st, who would make such a thing???..." Then it hit me; it was a joke cake I made for another friend's (who REALLY liked JD) birthday, a silly thing done by and for much younger people. What it really is, I bet you've realized, is *Pat's Rum Cake*, but suffering under the apocryphal alteration of a whiskey substitution. I wanted to really be sure of the recipe, so back to the archive of this excellent blog I went. Even had to buy a new bundt pan (only had a super-small one.) I hope the 10-cup I just overnighted will fit it! We shall see! At least it's a very fetching square design with 60-Degree angled parallel lines.

    Thank you for being you, Edgar, you're so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the color combinations and the theme... what a lovely
    sampler...

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...