Monday, November 7, 2022

A Little Fall Finish and a Little Winter Start

 Gentle Friends, I finished up AGW over the weekend, and here's a snaperoo...

"A Ghoultide Welcome" - Plum Street Samplers
40ct LL Pecan Butter
Called for NPI Silk

I still think I'm not doing the fill around the motto ..the other change I made was in the wording and I added a pumpkin by the tree.  "A Yuletide Welcome" is on deck at some point in the future.
_______________________

The Christmas sampler I picked out has been knocking around in the "to-do" charts pile for a very long time.  This is the year... here's the beginning of this small piece...


"Winter Floral Sampler" from Knotted Tree Needle Art
30ct WDW Tin Roof - Called for NPI Silk

It's been soooo long since I've worked on linen with such a low count that I forgot I would need to use two strands of silk to get decent coverage. I do like how the colors look against the grey linen.   

This chart dates back to 2007 and I didn't notice until I started getting the silk and linen together that the stitched image of the completed chart on the front is very different from what's actually charted.  There are significant differences with missing bits - but it is what it is and I think I chose this sampler for the cardinal in the center anyway!!  It'll be a fun piece to stitch up!!
__________________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay safe!!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Ghoultide Welcome looks fabulous, Edgar. Well done on your finish! Lovely start on your Christmas piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Ghoultide Welcome is lovely, I am looking forward to seeing the new Christmas design progress.
    Happy Thanksgiving

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Ghoultide Welcome came out beautiful and I like your small changes. This has now been added to my wishlist. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ghoultide Welcome is wonderful. I was trying to find an image of your latest start, but it is not to be found on the internet. I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...