Friday, May 13, 2022

Flashback Friday

Gentle Friends, today is a two-for-one flashback...  the first piece I stitched for my Mom and gave to her for Christmas 2011...

Months of the Year by Little House needleworks
Mostly the called for floss on 36ct something...

... she had seen me working on it and loved it, it was very much to her taste, she also wanted to have it framed herself... so the frame is one I wouldn't have picked.... but whatever, it made her happy.  I then stitched this as a companion piece over the Spring of 2012...

Months of the Year by Country Cottage Needleworks
Some of the called for floss and mostly my conversion
36ct Something

...and was all prepared for Christmas 2012, but she passed away at Thanksgiving so into the "box of stitched and yet to be framed" pieces it went and when we broke up my Mom's house I took the framed one... it now hangs in the "stairway gallery."  I still like the framed piece and when I see it I think of my Mom.
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

6 comments:

  1. Both pieces are absolutely gorgeous Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chuckle Edgar. MOTHS of the Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza...that's a lot of stitchin'. Bittersweet but beautiful memories in both pieces I am sure. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lucky Mom to have been blessed with your beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pieces are both very pretty. Did you ever frame the second one?

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...