Thursday, June 8, 2017

A Little Thrifty Thursday....

Gentle Freinds, yes, I'm still going about thrifting, and yes, I'm still hitting the estates sales but for the past few weeks there's been next to nothing to buy - I've seen a few fun things, but nothing fun enough to bring home.  I've had quite a few emails recently about my not posting about the bits and pieces I find - but as I like to say.... "hope springs eternal!!"  This past Saturday I found some things...


... in addition to the DVD's, the bits of 1ate 18th early 19th-century porcelain I stumbled across were really unexpected... at a Goodwill, I found the Tremblant saucer, the small plate, and handleless cup - all beautifully handpainted and the gilt decoration still in super condition.  
The large beautifully decorated "shell" dish from a desert service was made by Spode in about 1810 - I found this lovely at a thrift store - I guess it's my innate tenacity that keeps me looking week after week.... but I love the search and will be out and about again this weekend!!
_________________

That's about it for today sports fans thanks for stopping by do stop again!

Take care,
edgar


4 comments:

  1. I love old china, the cup and saucer are really pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. I admire your knowledge about the treasures you find. I like to look for china at Goodwill and estate sales. I'm primarily a Noritake fan, the old patterns not the contemporary ones. My MIL bought China sets for each of her granddaughters. I'd like to do that for each of my grandkids as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww everything is so pretty
    Love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Score! I love all things about President Lincoln. I've quit buying china because I have absolutely no room for anymore and my sons won't appreciate it when I'm gone. Mine may well end up at Goodwill one day! Have a good weekend Edgar.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...