Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Carol's Mystery SAL - Part 7

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends it is a cool morning here in the city... I am so grateful that the weather is holding in the cool zones - and will hold that way for a few more days.  I have become so accustomed to being chilly/cool that when the temps start to go up, like they did over the weekend, I just start to swelter.  I just can not take the heat or hot weather  - or warmish weather either.
___________

I finished up the 7th part of the ongoing SAL that Carol is having over at iStitch - here is a snap of my piece as it stands at the moment....


I am using HDF Silks - the main colour is Oxblood - I am adding in bits of "Blueberry Soup" and for this section it was the little harebell flowers that are blue - since they are a type of bluebell, I thought it was appropriate.  Only one more section and this Mystery will be finished.  I love doing mystery SAL's they keep stitching so interesting and as a group project they can't be beat!!
_________

There you go sports fans - Thank you for your kind comments and emails!!  Do stop by again.

Take care,
edgar

17 comments:

  1. Out of all the Mystery SAL's I have seen, I love yours the best. Great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your progress. And the colors you picked out are perfect. I hope it gets cooler for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your SAL, I must show mine i am working on the same one, just painted a little box white to place it on. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar: This is such a lovely sampler I do wish I would have signed up for this sal.
    Your colors are locely.
    Catherine
    diamondc

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful Edgar!! Those HDF silks look fabulous! In my last post I mentioned some hesitation with buying them, but now after seeing yours, I think I'll go ahead and order some!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good I am really going to purchase it after the sal is over. I really like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, thanks for linking to the flower explanation...I'd seen other SAL pieces and wondered. Love the little blue accents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is coming along GREAT Edgar!! Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the combination of colors you're using. I have big spools of both, I guess I need to find a project to use them together on.

    You also have me hooked on classic movies. I've been watching some on Netflix, via streaming. Last night was Let's Make Love, not really an old classic, but my first Marilyn Monroe movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Mystery SAL is really pretty. Your colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mystery SAL looks wonderful! Your thread choices are so pretty, and I love that name Blueberry Soup! This has been a fun one for me too. I love SALs and try to stitch one or two each year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty colors you picked for this one. Great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your SAL, the colour is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...