Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not very productive....

Last night - I had my ABC piece out as the next section went up on Saturday. But did I get many stitches in - nope!! Needle and linen in hand but not much action!! What I did was watch a movie and then another 2 hour piece on cable - thank goodness for on demand!!! The Movie was "Flirting With Disaster" - 1996 - starring Ben Stiller (not my most favorite "actor"), Patricia Arquette, Tea Leon, Alan Alda, Mary Tyler Moore, George Segal, and Lily Tomlin. A pretty good ensemble piece and really quite funny in spots - It was recommended to me by a friend who knows I like to watch movies.

The second feature made up for the first by leaps and bounds - it was - "Little Doritt" - 2008 - I really enjoyed this as I do most things from Masterpiece Theater. I especially like Charles Dickens and have voraciously read everything he ever wrote and have reread many of them a couple of times. Remember he wrote my favorite story of all time..... "A Christmas Carol." This version of Little Dorrit is a very good one a worth watching.

There you go - Thank you all for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. Little Dorit was part filmed at Deal Castle! They closed the castle for a few days and we could see the actors coming and going - such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flirting with disastor have not seen that one. Though I am also not a huge Ben stiller fan...DH and I watched MILK last night had it on reserve at the library also watched Twilight very good...The great neice is precious!!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I caught the end of "Little Dorrit" and liked it alot. Of course I had no idea what it was until the end credits because the upstairs (tiny) TV doesn't have a menu feature. I just stopped on that channel as soon as I saw the costumes.
    Not much stitching going on here either. I want to be outside "communing with nature" so-to-speak. The cats stick close to me outside, as if they know I need a bit of comforting. How are you and Rico doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Edgar! I'm such a Dickens fan, too. Loving "Little Dorit." Have you seen the new book by Dan Simmons called "Drood," which is a novel about the last days of Charles Dickens when he's chasing through London looking for a strange creature/man he names "Drood?" I have it on my bookshelf!
    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...