Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mailing re-stitches, movies and glass...

I finished up on Carol's lovely green and grey piece last night and both hers and mine are boxed up for mailing to Rowyn this morning. Here is a snap of Carol's piece -

Now on to Cheryl's LHN RR piece - I have the chart and the floss pulled ready to go!

Last night there were a couple of movies - starting off with "Grey Gardens" - 1975 - starring those wonderful eccentrics Big and Little Edie Beale. This is a charming if unusual mother daughter pair living in a dilapidated mansion in East Hampton, NY. Shot and presented as a documentary of their day to day lives...... if you have not seen this you may want to give it a look. I have seen it a few times and always see something new each time I watch it. The second film was "Charles II: The Power and the Passion" - 2003 Starring Rufus Sewell as Charles II, Diana Rigg as Charles' mother Queen Henrietta Maria and Shirley Henderson as his wife Catherine of Braganza. This was a 3 hour spectacle the I really enjoyed.

Here are today's Chihuly snaps -









Thanks for stopping by!!

take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching--beautiful glass. Thx for more pics Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching. Aren't those glass creations just amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Edgar - my RR looks so beautifully stitched - thank you!

    Love your Chihuly pictures - keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, visit me, I' ve posted in english... K & H, MJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. those glass objects are so beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...