Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A little Quaker Christmas Stitching

Still furiously working out the kinks in the new BBC and getting everyone loaded and sent emails. It is quite a job. I had no idea what it would be like, but I am enjoying meeting everyone.... and please let me now if you don't see or get something. I am trying to get and be organized by the 7th but some things do fall through the cracks. :)

I worked a little on QC and here is a progress snap.


This picture makes the linen look all wonky, oh well you get the idea!

While I was stitching I watched a really good movie I hadn't seen in a long time. It is call "The Train." It was done in 1964 and stars Burt Lancaster and Jeanne Moreau. It is about a Nazi Colonel stealing art treasures from Pris and the resistance has to stop it without destroying the art. It is from the book Rose Valland, a curator in Paris during the German occupation that kept records of art the Nazis were, shall we say, moving about.......
Well worth a look and an excellent film.

Two more days to sign up........

Thanks for stopping by!!!!!

Take care,
edgar

3 comments:

  1. Edgar, this is looking wonderful! And thank you for all that you are doing on the new exchange blog. I look forward to being a part of it!

    -- Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the Birthday group! I wanted to do it last year, but I was too late getting in. Can't wait!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im looking forward to the birthday group too! Your hard work is much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...