Friday, November 17, 2023

A Little Hallowe'en Finish

 Gentle Friends, I finished up Halloween Rules, and here's a snaperoo...

"Halloween Rules" - by Lizzie Kate
40ct "Chocolate Milk" from Fabrics by Stephanie
Using the recommended floss

... it ended up being a fun stitch in the end and I'm glad I stitched it ...now to get it framed.  Although I did use the recommended floss I stitched it on higher-count linen than the 32ct called-for linen.  The only difference this made with the end result is that each section has accompanying little buttons that I did not use.  Where appropriate I stitched a black "X" for the black buttons or an orange "X" for the orange buttons or just nothing where the button was charted.  I really don't miss the little additions and more times than not on past stitches I've left off the doo-dads and not really missed them.  This is because I like to stitch on 40ct linen and many times when there are doo-dads or adornments charted the called-for linen is 30ct or 32ct which I really do not enjoy stitching on... I stitch because it's relaxing and if it isn't then what's the point???  I started up my Christmas piece but it's sad looking at the moment so I'll wait until Monday to post that snap.
_______________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

edgar

10 comments:

  1. Exactly we do this for enjoyment - if we don't enjoy it, why do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gene... absolutely, it's either stich or drink... and I'm running low on bourbon, LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. It is a wonderful finish, Edgar! You are so right about stitching being enjoyable. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin!! You know me I calls it as I sees it!!

      Delete
  3. This is such a fun and cute pattern Edgar.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came out so cutely! I love the dog costume at the top left! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Berit, it's one on the best parts ... and I do love my doggies!!

      Delete
  5. What a fun piece this must have been to do.... no scariness at all.

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....