Friday, June 17, 2022

Flashback Friday

Gentle Friends, a dug around in the box o' finishes and found a sampler I really enjoyed!!!  Here's a snaperoo...


"The Sarah Maddock Sampler - 1810" from Simply Samplers
11/20/2016 - 2/14/2017
36ct Barn Owl 
___________________

I remember seeing this on a blog post and then hunting for quite a while until I found the chart on the secondary market.  It was charted for DMC only.  Since I wanted to stitch this in silk, like with so many things I work on, I converted them to my favorite silks...my conversion from the charted DMC to Belle Soie (Classic Colorworks Silk) and HDF Silk
DMC 224 - Terra Potta
DMC 422 - Scarecrow
DMC 500 - Enchanted Forest
DMC 829 - Limited Edition Brown 
DMC 841 - HDF Jackalope 
DMC 924 - Mer Blue
DMC 926 - Ocean Tide
DMC 927 - Puritan Blue
DMC 928 - Eiffel Tower
DMC 3053 - Fern frond
Grass - Ivy League
Grapes - Elegant Eggplant

You know that what I usually am drawn to first in a sampler is the border and this one has a great grape/vine border with strawberries - such a super border and all those ducks!!!  It was a great piece to stitch from start to finish!!
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous sampler! I can see why you were drawn to it. Have a great weekend, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching you stitch this piece. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rich colors in this one...oh, yeah...and that border. ;-) Enjoy your weekend! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful sampler!! I look forward to seeing which 'oldie' you are posting on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sampler; love it!

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...