Sunday, April 10, 2022

A Little Finish and a Little Start

Gentle Friends, so I have finally finished up the stitching on a Deleware Inspiration... I made some big changes along the sides... here is a snap...


"A Deleware Inspiration" - Heart's Ease Examlar Workes
1/1/ - 4/6/2022
40 ct LL Vintage Navy Bean
Recommended Belle Soie/Classic Colorworks

The changes I made are pretty substantial... I added to the lower part of the center box - the over one grapevine on the right and the lower vine of red flowers which replaces and box for the name and date.  I also replaced the bunches of goldenrod made with french knots that would have appeared on either side of the box with the ladybugs and holly.  I initially stitched the bunch of goldenrod on the right side, I really hated it, so "knotty" and just not how I wanted this piece to look... so I frogged and snipped all the dozens of knots out and extended the roses into the space left open.  I am MUCH happier with the result and wish I had made the decision to stitch roses in the first place. Oh well, live and learn.
____________________________ 

And... my start is on a sampler piece I've had in my stash for years.  Here's a snap...

"Heaven Above" - Midsummer Night Designs
40ct LL - Pearled Barley
Recommended Floss

Not much of a start but you get the idea.  It's a small piece so should stitch up fast.  Already looking ahead and have narrowed things to a few choices - just need to see if I have a piece of linen that I'll like and will fit and what floss I have or will need to get.
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!


Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Your finish is absolutely stunning. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The changes you made to the pattern look great. Bravo to your wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar, your finish of the Delaware Sampler is stunning. Well done! You are off to a good start on your new project. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb....lucky loved one to who will one day receive it.... Were the
    roses and grapes not in original design? You "adjust" your work to suit
    you with great skill and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your version a lot better. In the original, the goldenrod look like some kind of alien life form and the huge blobs of yellow make no sense. Your hollies and ladybugs along with the red flowers below the verse make a much more cohesive design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiration is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Edgar: Beautiful finish nice change of colors.
    Nice start of your next project.
    I hope you have a Blessed Easter Season.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edgar, this is truly an amazing sampler so beautiful! I hope this Easter brings many blessings to you and Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "little finish" is a big finish and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I'm from Delaware and so very fond of your blue hens and lady bugs!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...