Sunday, August 22, 2021

A little Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends picked up a little on Paradise... and here's a snap...

... working from L to R I finished up the tree, birds, and bees...  I also kitted up the two small projects I'm going to work on next.. a piece for the Fall and a Christmas piece.  They are both from Blackbird Designs.  I was very saddened when I heard of Barb Adams passing this summer.  She along with Alma Allen made up the team of Blackbird Designs.  They have brought me many hours of stitching pleasure over the years and so many lovely designs I have stitched of theirs are hanging in my home. Thinking about how much BBD has meant to me I have wanted to make a start of another BBD piece or pieces.  I have so much BBD stash I've not stitched it was hard to pick just two, but I did.  I pulled the linen and floss together easily so there will be a new start in a couple of weeks.  I'll put aside Paradise for a bit and stitch my seasonal pieces along with working on Fruits.  That's the plan right now.....
___________________________

That's about it for today.  As I wrap up the weekend I am sliding a lasagna into the oven as we are expecting some friends over tonight for dinner and a film... 

The Women, 1939... they've never seen it, and I've seen it many times... so bitchy, but fun!!
____________

Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Paradise is looking great.... so many small motifs!! So not fun (for me) to stitch. Yes, so very sad about Barb. BBD is one of my very favorite designers, if not my very favorite. I have several BBD fall projects in que myself.... I really want to stitch everything in Winds of Autumn LOL. Hope you had fun with your dinner and movie.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with bitchy and fun. And lasagna. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paradise is looking awesome, Edgar! Yum on the lasagna! Hope you had an enjoyable time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good progress... Looking forward to your seasonal starts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with that tree with its nesting birds. What a glorious motif!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...