Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A Little Hallowe'en Framing

Gentle Friends, I think I mentioned a while back that I took some things in for framing.  I've already gotten back two and posted about them HEREOver the weekend I retrieved two more ....  here's one of them...


....sorry about the odd angle, I was trying to make sure there would be no weird reflections... this is an older piece from Lizzie Kate called "The Very Scary Mystery Sampler."  I usually don't like to use matt board with framed cross stitch, but this piece I think really needs it to get the colours to pop.  I remember it was a really fun piece to stitch and I do love the bit from the Scottish prayer...

From ghoulies and ghosties

And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!

... and it is so perfect for the season, even if I'm jumping in a bit early!!  
I'll have the second piece up tomorrow.

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Oh Edgar, I have "fall fever" so bad, your piece was just the thing I needed to see today! It is gorgeous. I love the matte choices you made. Every day I get up and think "is it too early to decorate for Fall?" Of course, the answer is yes. I'm trying to hold off until Labor Day weekend. I did put my Autumn wallpaper up on the computer. My husband was amused! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so nice Edgar! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, you must have amazing walls full of cross stitched art. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great! My favorite holiday. I'm so over summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful in the frame. I stitched that one a few years ago but did not know where the verse came from. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Edgar: It is beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous, I have completed this one and just saving up to get it framed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. è meraviglioso, mi piace molto!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really gorgeous!Well done!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...