Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Little Thirfting

Gentle Friends, out and about again over the weekend and found a few fun things...

... from l to r a nice little silver plate basket, two carved stone Asian bookends, a great silver lustre English teapot ca. 1920 and a really great find of a set a "Little Frankie" books by Mrs Leslie published in 1870... so there you go some more fun stuff...

Here's a couple of snaps of the silver basket...  a before and after..

... this is how I found it so I took a  chance...

... and after a little silver polish, it came up pretty nice, with some silver wear.  I think this dates to around 1900 it was made by the Pairpoint Silver company.  
________________

There you go sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. Well, Edgar, I was going to comment that the carved bookends were my favorite, until I saw the after photo of the silver basket - exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your finds, but, oh that teapot! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the neatest thrifting finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You find the neatest things! Those books are a super find though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that teapot, but then again I am partial to all things tea. Your silver basket polished up pretty nicely. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find! that teapot is beautiful, and that basket is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar,
    I just love to see your out and about finds! What a beautiful tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see that you are still finding and posting your wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What finds!! Love the silver basket and the book ends the most out of this lot

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...