Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Little Bakin'

Gentle Friends, last Friday I stumbled on a recipe for Date and Nut Bars... and had to make some...

.... the recipe comes from October Farm Blog and they turned out perfectly!!!  You can click HERE for the recipe.  They made a big 9 x 13 pan so I sent most of them to work with Rico where they were a hit and gobbled up!!  They are really delicious warmed up a bit in the microwave. 
________________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar 

5 comments:

  1. They look delicious. Interesting reading the comments on the recipe site. I've never heard the term "Dirty Thirties" or heard of "matrimonial cake". I may have to try to make these. Thanks for posting the recipe.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dates, walnuts and coconut --with brown sugar and oatmeal? I could probably eat the entire pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such timing - I just sent my daughter the link to today's October Farm recipe for a huge pot of gumbo as she (my daughter) just returned from a week in New Orleans and gumbo is her new favorite food :). Some really tasty recipes come from there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We make a German Date Filled Oatmeal cookie at Christmas that is similar to this recipe Edgar. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...