Thursday, February 23, 2012

Another Cottage Finish and Some Sweet Mail!!

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends so sorry to not have posted yesterday - but, I needed to get through a ton of emails - and for me to be the least be coherent I had to focus a bit more than usual.  

Last night I finished up the third installment of the CCN Monthly Cottages "March."  I even remembered to take one of my craptastic snaps.  Here it is by itself...


I was all set to make about four changes in colours on this piece.  I did not think I would like the DMC Greens - and - I had about 10 skeins of different WDW, GAST and CC shades of green pulled and waiting to substitute.  But, after I got to stitching I got to really like them so the greens are the called for floss'.  The single substitution I made was with the WDW "Pecan" - my skein of pecan was so very close to the brown used in February that I change it out for GAST "Sarsaparilla."  Other than that "March" is what it is - for some reason I just cannot get the linen to photograph well - here is another snap showing the first three months stitched together...


This snap makes it look like I am stitching on some sort of grey burlap....  the linen colour is a great shade of vintage butter crème, so there is a slight yellow cast to it,  you would never know looking at these pics - sorry.  Now just waiting for April...  I am doing these 3 across by 4 down so April will go directly below January.
______________

The mail brought a lovely gift I won over at Nancy's "Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe" - she was having a drawing for naming her line of Plum colored floss - I was one of the very lucky winners she let pick a chart of hers and get some of that gorgeous Plum colored floss - the floss in real life is a lovely claret or port color!!


I chose a one of her wonderful Quaker inspired charts "To Thine Own Self be True".  A wonderful Shakespeare quote from "Hamlet."  

Polonius' last words to Laertes....  the entire quote is..

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

Hamlet Act 1, scene 3

Thank you so very much Nancy!!!!
______________

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks again for you super comments about "Tis the Season" and my cactus!!  I do enjoy reading them and they do warm the heart!!!  If you get the chance stop by again!!

Take care,
edgar

28 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win & the finish : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the win. And the March finish is so pretty and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Edgar. I thought the green used for the BOAF Santa was horrid but glad I didn't change it now that I see the designer was right on. Those plums aren't too bluish and very rich. They'll look great on your win's chart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cottages are beautiful!

    Congrats on the prizes. Aren't Nancy's flosses gorgeous?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cottages are looking fantastic! Congrats on your win ~ love that chart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your March finish! Congrats on the win too. I think your choices were wonderful! You'll have to let us know how you like the flosses. I've not stitched with those yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win, the threads are gorgeous.
    The March cottage looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finish, Edgar, congrats! Those thread you won are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your LHN cottages are looking so great!!! I can see why you might have thought twice about the green in March, but I really like how it looks! Lovely prize from Victorian Motto too! I forgot to say anything about your Christmas cacti last time. I have a little one that bloomed like crazy at Christmas time. It has since been putting out a bloom or two every once in a while. I'm happy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH J'adore !!!
    beautiful housses ...

    bisous de France

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cottages are so pretty Edgar! Congrats on your win. I buy alot of trim from Nancy. I have not ried your floss. Seeing that color.. I will have to check her floss out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cottages are darling, Edgar! Lovely pattern and floss, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to stitch all the cottages on one piece of linen! And to be so lucky for winning the chart.

    Greetings from Debby,
    www.crossstitchstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow your cottages are looking fabulous....a great win too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cottages and what a wonderful win! That floss is gorgeous and the chart is so pretty, many congrats! Have to pop over and have a look at Nancy's other stuff now... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cottages! Congrats on the great win.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great finish on the cottage! They look great all lined up like that. Such a great win from Nancy, that color will be beautiful for that pattern. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your cottages, they look great together! Congrats on your win, that thread color is gorgeous!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cottages look so pretty stitched together Edgar. I love all the bright, cheerful colors! Congratulations on your win. The floss is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cottage finish and congrats on your winnings from Nancy. I need to order some trims from her. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on finishing March. I have just about started Feb. They look great all together.
    Wow, the floss looks so rich. I think I am going to order that along with my next cottages ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cottage. And what a fabulous prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cottages look fantastic Edgar. I need to do a few designs with houses....maybe row houses...I will put that on the list of things to do. It only has 9,999 on it now. And I am glad you are pleased with your floss and chart. I truly love to share with friends. Take care....keep in touch. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cottages look fabulous! Congrats on finishing March.
    Isn't Nancy's floss lovely? I didn't win any of the plums but I was fortunate enough to be the big floss winner at Christmas and received 25 skeins of these beauties. I can't believe how much there is per skein!

    ReplyDelete
  25. just catching up from being away for a few days ... love your march finish I am now working on FEB :) way to go on your finds from the bay of evil ..lol and cooo lovely win from Nancy :) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your March Cottage finish. Your monthly cottages are coming along beautifully. Congrats on the giveaway win. The threads look yummy!

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous finish Edgar! Love March cottage and how you are stitching them side by side! Congrats on winning Nancy's giveaway! Those plum shades or sumptuous!! Can't wait to see you start that new design!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...