Friday, September 25, 2009

Comments and Flickers

GR&DF it is once again Friday and our weekend will be full of visiting family from out of Town.
It should be very interesting to say the least!!

Last night I finished up the stitching on another exchange piece - I will need to have some sort of finishing marathon soon!! I think I will focus on Sail Away this weekend as I miss the piece and have fallen way behind on the SAL.

I do enjoy all the comments so very much - sometimes I do wonder if what I am typing and putting out there is clear and makes any sense to anyone but me and my befuddled brain! I did want to answer a couple of comments....

Evelyn asked about the Farmers Market and did it go year round - I am pretty sure that the Civic Center on goes year round, but the little one over in the Western Addition that we get to on Sunday's will close the second week of December - or around that time and re-open in May. There are a number of Farmers Markets around the city, but I only get to these two.

Sharlotte said some sweet things about my picture taking- it is by shear luck and taking about a bazillion snaps to get the one or two acceptable ones to put on the blog. For every snap you see here there are a minimum of 10 I throw away as just to sucky to see the light of day!!

...... and in my very poor French...... Chère Myriam, merci tellement de visiter le blog et descommentaires gentils!!

I wanted to remind those that haven't thrown their names into the Birthday Drawing - to go post a comment HERE - remember you can't win unless you comment!! The big day approaches with only a week left to sign up. Drawing on the 4th with the winner being announced on the 5th!!

Last night the flicker was an interesting DVD from Netflix called "Pompeii - the last day" - 2003 - a live action hour by hour account of the devastation of the city and the Bay of Naples in 79 AD. When I visited Pompeii a few years ago it was a fascinating and quite moving experience. I just loved Italy and this area was beautiful.

With Mt Vesuvius still looming over the Bay - it is just a matter of time before this volcano erupts again. The film is a short hour long but what is packed into that hour is just great.

Thank you again for stopping by, have a great weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. Your pic today is very interesting.If you get time in your busy little world, I posted a pic this morning of some fog we got in early summer when we went to Branson. We're about a half an hour's drive from there is Springfield.I meant to throw you a congratulations when you hit the big 100! On your followers that it! :) So I'm doing it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been fascinated by Mt. Vesuvius. I'll have to look for that DVD. That's so cool that you got to go to Italy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy reading your blog Edgar, and truly admire your ability to make such regular, yet entertaining, posts.

    Your talk of Mt. Vesuvius reminds me of a link I followed earlier today which let me to this site about the Staffordshire Hoard, which is apparently the largest cache of saxon "artefacts" ever found it England--and certainly the most precious-metal rich. It's also current, as it was just discovered this summer! Not sure if you fancy this sort of thing, but here it is:

    http://www.staffordshirehoard.org.uk/artefacts/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy stopping by to read your blog. I feel like I'm visiting with an old friend. You have a very warm way of writing .

    Thanks for the warmth that you spread.

    Natalielin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely weekend Edgar and Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your french is better than my english.I understand english but to speak and to write it is something else.
    It is sometimes difficult to express in english what I feel
    Merci pour ton petit "coucou".
    Excellent week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lucky you are to have visited the remains of Pompeii. Went to an exhibit of artifacts from Pompeii in Hull a couple of years ago. It was unreal.
    Keep up the good work with your photos. I absolutely love them and look forward to your latest shots

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...