Friday, May 1, 2009

Another Friday -

Another week passes and we are on the brink of the weekend..... and it is supposed to rain. RAIN - this is not our rainy season... it is supposed to be over by now!! I know, we need the rain, but why can't it rain during the week and not on days we have off and want to run around doing stuff!! I guess it's just the way that things are. All that said - it is just the weather people saying we are going to have a rain so I am really not holding my breath for a downpour - they tend to be wrong more than right!! I always say the best forecaster is sticking my head out the window - if it gets wet it is raining or there are large birds flying over!!!!!! :)

Gentle readers - thank you all for the nice things you had to say about the Woodland Exchange piece I sent to Tracy. I really like Workbasket designs and wanted to do Fox Forest for the longest time. Now I am thinking of another exchange ...... ???

I am working on stitching up another sort of secret thing so no snaps of that - I will have some stitchy snaps on Monday - I promise!!

Last night the flickers were - "Star of Midnight" 1935 - starring William Powell and Ginger Rodgers - a very thin version of the Thin Man series and Ginger is no Myrna!! But, the sets are gorgeous 30's deluxe and Gingers costumes are stunning. A thin plot but lots to look at!! The second feature was "The Kiss Before the Mirror" - 1933 starring Nancy Carroll, Paul Lukas and Frank "The Wizard of Oz" Morgan. A 67 min quickly paced trial movie. Adulterous wife killed and husband on trail with a twist!! Pretty good movie the print was a bit murky but worth a look. Neither of these movies is on DVD (I borrowed copies) but are played on TCM often.

Today is the last day to enter the drawing for the Christmas Book - I will close the entries at 3 pm PST and do a drawing with the Bowl of Destiny this weekend and announce the winner on Monday - when my Blogaversary Drawing starts!! Stay tuned - same Bat Time, Same Channel!!!


And as much as we like Adam West and Burt Ward - who could resist the lovely Julie Newmar - so statuesque!!!! What a cat suit - meow!!!!

Have a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by -
Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. On and off rain here too. So I read a few blogs, work ten minutes in the garden, read a few more blogs. Basically, nothing really gets done!
    Have a great weekend rain or shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Woodland's exchange piece! I think the thing I like the most about reading other people's blogs is that I get to see patterns I would either never see or patterns I looked at in the past and turned my nose up at done in a whole new way that then I feel I must have them...does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I forgot this...it is raining all weekend on the East Coast too! (Pennsylvania)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have had to read super fast...to get in in time...

    xxxRobby

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have rain in the forecast all week. I'm a Phoenix girl at heart, so I can't deal with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it has been really lovely here in the U.K. for a change. They say we are going to have a really hot summer but, I for one, do not believe them because they never get anything right. Can't wait to see what you have stitched. Lots of Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wai tto see progress! Good luck with the rain. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edgar - its wet here too and would be great to be curled up by the heater with stitching but like you i have stuff to do and chores that can't wait. I'm sure if I were designing rain it would be at night during week days only!!
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. here is to cold too. the spring is in somewhere unknow..

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the Northeast we also have lots of rain today and more rainy days ahead. Love how you finished your Rose piece! Beautiful piece and great frame. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i m too late for the drawing but love reading your blog so look forward to seeing your pics on monday.. and hope the sun shines there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rain, rain, go away, come again another day! Oy, the love/hate relationship I have with rain. It's great when you can just stay home and stitch to an old movie, but running around in it (errands, work, etc) is a PITA!

    Julie Newmar... gosh, what a beauty! "To Wong Fu, Love Julie Newmar"...great movie! Patrick Swayze was great in that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you believe that Julie Newmar was ever that skinny? I had to pop in and tell you your Woodland piece is just gorgeous, and that box just makes it an absolutely stunning finish. Great movies this week, I've got to watch lots because I'm catching up Gazett94 ABC part 5 and 6...I may just get one done before you this time since I'm doing the two together (LOL). We're on the way to a bit of flooding if the rain doesn't stop soon, could use some sunshine for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rain is great stitching weather!
    I love your Woodland exchange piece and the way in which you finished it.
    And your Woodland piece - wow! I love toile too and have never seen toile paper. Lucky you!
    What a lovely tribute to Hunny. How special is that!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...