Monday, February 2, 2009

A fun weekend doing what I wanted to!!

And that's the truth!!!! Most weekends I have to give up and bend to others wills and wants but this weekend I did just what wanted to!!! To the irritation of some I am sure but you know what - they can just bite me!!! (my, my that was kinda harsh!!)

Saturday was a fun day of garage sale/thrift shop/ and Goodwill - carousing - we ran around to a bunch of garage sales, and even 2 Estate Sales and found absolutely nothing really worth getting - I think sometimes that garage sale-ing is very seasonal. It was at a thrift shop where I hit pay dirt - Here is a snap -

So I found some kitchen stuff. I needed a sifter as the one I had broke about 10 years ago and I never got another one. The sifter - $1.50, the strainer - $ .37, the wooden spoon - $.29 - so for a grand total of $2.16 I did pretty well - my question is...who on earth marks things 37 and 29 cents?? The majolica pitcher came from a store called Community Thrift - and was $10. I really love majolica and have a few pieces but it is usually so expensive I can't afford it. When I got to the counter with this cream pitcher - the woman there asked was it very old - I said about 120 years - I think she was stunned. This is about $40 or so off the true price so I got a deal!! It was a really fun day - even going out to lunch at "Good Frickin Chiken" in the Mission - really tasty Mediterranean Food - silly name fabulous food!!

I had a hankering for a favorite snack - so I made my version of Nuts and Bolts (chex mix) - I just love this stuff....


Every now and then I just get a craving and have to have some!!

On the stitching front - I worked some exchange pieces - so no snap. I can show a couple of other things I worked on..... Part Three of the ABC SAL posted on Friday - Here is the progress -


Part three was the GHIJ, reindeer box and the leaf band under. This is a really fun stitch and I can't wait for part 4 to post!!

I also worked on Le Jardin - and here is a progress on that piece -

This is working up really nice and I will be sad to see the end of it.

There you go - some high points from my weekend!!! We'll talk flickers tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. beautiful progress on both your projects. :-) I really need to start the ABC Mystery. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being able to do what you wanted to! You're right...that's a victory in and of itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the projects you have on the go. And it's incredible that you have already finished part 3 of the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice to do just what YOU want to? :) Lovely stitching as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped in to say hi I found your blog through my good friend Hazel, it sounds like you had fun doing what you wanted to do, I love your ABC... SAL I am collecting the charts pieces for this one hopefully I will get around to stitching it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to go to St Vincent De Paul over here in Redwood City. They have a great selection of dishes and pottery. I love the pitcher that you bought.

    Your progress looks fantastic! I enjoy seeing your stitching.

    A weekend to yourself is well desrved to do what YOU want.
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Edgar, I love the way your ABC turn ! Ans the second project is perfect too .
    Part 4 will be on the blog at the end of the month, but I 'm sure you will keep yourself busy !

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a great week-end! I LOVE your Le Jardin, the colors are great! Have a nice week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was heartbroken when our local Goodwill shut down. Now they are building a huge new one up the road from it a bit. It should be open by Spring. I always find something in there. You're lucky that garage saling is year'round in California. I have to wait for Spring for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm so jealous, I'm not quite done with part 3 of the ABC, but I've never been know for speed. Isn't it hard to wait for the next piece? This is a really fun stitch. I can't believe your Le jardin has gotten this far along. Congratulations on the majolica, that is a terrific find.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your ABC sampler colors - I need to start mine - I'm so far behind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ABC Sal is looking wonderful Edgar. Love the purchases you made too. One man's trash is another man's treasure right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly did have a wonderful weekend and that majolica pitcher-great find!

    Projects are looking great as always!

    Vee (http//brokenneedle.typepad.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well there ya go....good time, great finds and I love it all :) I decorate with Kitchen utensils in our kitchen...(makes sense doesn't it?! LOL!) Anyway, I have mashers, and strainers, sifters and those tenderizer thingys, all red handled (which makes them from the 50's - 60's) and I have them in crocks and bowls....I love 'em too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like one terrific weekend to me! So glad you were able to indulge yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...