Monday, January 1, 2024

A Little Start and a Happy New Year!!

 Gentle Friends, I got a small start on a new sampler, and here's a snap...

"Village Square Sampler - Mary Allen - 1818" - from Samplers Remembered
40ct BOF "Barn owl"
My Conversion from the charted DMC to various Overdyed Flosses

Although I had some big stitching plans for the Christmas break... those fell to the wayside with lots of other things - what those things were for the most part I couldn't tell you but we were so busy, busy, busy.... This new sampler is a largish piece so you'll be seeing it for quite a while.  I first saw it completed a few years ago on another blog and just fell for it immediately and instantly acquired the chart.  Since I've been pulling my last few projects from stash this was certainly going to be top of the pile...I may switch out some of the floss choices I made as I stitch along depending on how the colors hit me  - there are a couple of questionable choices hanging on the old floss ring...
_______________________

Here's hoping for a really Happy New Year for everyone!!


  That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! GoodDeeds!
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Happy 2024 Dear Edgar...many happy stitches. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. Looking forward to seeing your stitching. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new start, Edgar! Wishing you a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edgar: I hope you had a beautiful Christmas and a Blessed New Year eve.
    Nice start for 2024.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Edgar! Hope all is well with you. I haven’t looked at your blog in quite a long time, so I’m looking forward to sitting here with my coffee and enjoying a Sunday morning seeing all the beauties you’ve been stitching since I last popped by! Kevin

    ReplyDelete

A Quick Post

 Gentle Friends, I forgot to post last night so it'll be short and sweet this morning... here's a snaperoo... ...stitching on the ce...