Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Few Little Changes....

Gentle Friends, this mid-week post is all about changing up charts and making them your own.  I more often than not change floss and usually always change out the linen... I have also changed up whole charts or large sections to suit me and my stitching.   

A while back... like a few years... I stitched up a lovely sampler that had been commissioned by the Knoxville, Tennessee Chapter of the EGA. It was in honor of the "Ramsey House" or as the property has been called for a couple of hundred years "Swan Pond."  I saw the chart on another Blog and fell in love with the border, house, and very sentimental verse.  

Swan Pond Sampler 1797
Designed for the Knoxville TN EGA
40ct Ale from PTP - My Conversion to overdyed Floss from the charted DMC

I changed quite a bit about this chart.  I expanded the alphabet to complete all the letters.  I also did away with the central medallion that had far more info about its original owner.  Now, what prompted this post in the first place and my digging around in my completed pile of stitching to look at the sampler once again was a lovely email from another stitcher.  She lives in Tennessee and had seen my version of the sampler and ran with it making it her own... here's a snap...

...  a super job and totally changed up to reflect her family.  So, the gist of this post is to never be afraid of changing a chart or the recommended floss or linen... make that sucker your own!!
_________________

That's about it on this very wet, rainy day here by the Bay!  
Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

3 comments:

  1. Both samplers are stunning. I enjoyed reading this post about making changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both works are amazing! I confess to being a major chicken when it comes to changing things up. I don't visualize well and usually do not realize something is not sitting well with me until all is said and done...or at least mostly said and done and going back and re-doing is too daunting a task. But those of you who do inspire me. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces are lovely, and quite an inspiration. Thank you for sharing them! Wishing you the joys of the season as we pass the winter solstice and slowly move into the light. Be well! ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....