Monday, October 9, 2023

A Little Start, an Old Finish some Shots and Dinner

 Gentle Friends, here's a snap of my start on the second Hallowe'en piece ...

"Halloween Rules": - by Lizzie Kate
40ct "Chocolate Milk" from Fabrics by Stephanie
Using the Recommended Floss

The snap is quite washed out due to the sorry lighting... as you can see it's a very small start and kind of dull...  I stitched up the companion piece back in 2010... here's a snap...

"Christmas Rules" 
36ct LL Lite Exemplar
Recommended Floss

This piece is framed up but also packed up so this old snap will have to do.
_______________________

We started off Saturday morning getting vaccinated.  I got my booster COVID shot and the 1st of a two-part Monkey Pox Shot.  I had already gotten my Flu shot a week ago at my check-up with my Doctor.  Rico on the other hand got all three.  We go back on November 4th for the 2nd part of the monkeypox vaccine.  Since it was my birthday last week, Saturday evening we celebrated by going to dinner at Moss Beach Distillery south of SF.  As usual, the views were incredible...


Stopping first in Pacifica to do some antique shopping... 
I found a great paperweight to add to my collection...

John Barber a glass artist from Laguna Beach - signed and dated 1981

...we also walked on the promenade that runs against the ocean and were lucky enough to see a large pod of whales swimming along and feeding as they were migrating south for the winter.  
______________________

It was a super weekend!!  That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by do stop again.  Stay safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words!  Good Deeds!
edgar

12 comments:

  1. A most blessed Birthday to you, Edgar dear. Just love the finished 2010
    piece...great sentiments. Looking forward to your 2023 edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Nice start on your Halloween design, love the Christmas Rules.
    The paper weight is beautiful, it is always fun to go out to dinner and have a walk, seeing whales would be a treasure for me.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine!! In all the years I';ve lived out here, and all the time I've spent looking out to sea... even trying to find and see whales this is the first time ever... it was a really wonderful day!!

      Delete
  3. Happiest of belated birthday wishes, Edgar. I've seen the Halloween Rules design - it's sweet but would be an ambitious undertaking for me to complete before Halloween. I'm sure, though, your swift fingers will make short work of it. Magnificent view of the ocean...and, oh...to see the whales!!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin!! I'm aiming for "around" Hallowe'en to be honest... the next project up is a Christmas Sampler, and it is a bit early. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday wishes, Edgar! What a beautiful paperweight you added to your collection. Good start on the Lizzie Kate Halloween piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missed your birthday! Sounds like it was a good celebration. WIshing you many more with health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday. That restaurant looks like it has great views. I like your start on Halloween Rules. That is a great chart. I'm trying to finish a stocking by Christmas and you are stitching Halloween. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came here looking for the shots of the boozy kind! Still, beautiful shots! How lucky to see whales, they're my favorite animal. I would probably cry if I were to see some in real life in the ocean. Love everything you stitch Edgar😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes to you Edgar. You always find the most unique things, love the paperweight

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....